playing with inlays

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Paul in OKC

Paul in OKC

Made this last week, Did the pockets on the cnc bridgeport at work, filled with the stuff in the bottom of my dust collector bag. (does that count for recycling?) Also came up with a new use for my vise. I turned the blank to about 9/16 diameter, cut the pockets, filled, then wrapped tape around the blank before drilling. (Left the blank long) Then cut off excess. I think I will leave the blank a little bigger next time, I was afraid I was going to crush it! I slid the tube in it before cutting it off.

Attachments

• blank.jpg
    blank.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 493
  • hole.jpg
    hole.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 414
  • cut.jpg
    cut.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 444
  • pen1.jpg
    pen1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 527
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Neat, Paul! That's very nice! Great recycling project. I knew all those shavings could be of use. I like the pattern, too. Made a gorgeous pen.

OKLAHOMAN

No fair, I don't have a CNC at work! Paul you know what Eagle would say......But I say great blank and pen.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Hey, that just ain't fair. You get to use your machining skills! WELL DONE! IAP ingenuity just went up a whole notch.

Great job!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Very Nice work Paul.
Did you run the vice along a fence?
You know what I thought was the clever bit? It was the piece of paper underneath!!!! When I've needed a zero clearance, I've always messed around with sticky tape. No longer!!!:biggrin: Thanks for the great idea:biggrin:

Paul in OKC

Very Nice work Paul.
Did you run the vice along a fence?
You know what I thought was the clever bit? It was the piece of paper underneath!!!! When I've needed a zero clearance, I've always messed around with sticky tape. No longer!!!:biggrin: Thanks for the great idea:biggrin:

Yeah, that's why I used the paper! Thanks for reminding me. (Actually, it was to keep from scratching the vise =8^}).

Top Bottom