Playing with fire

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
This is a real mongrel of a thing!!:biggrin: Made from a pen pointer that I've had for years as well as some odds and sods from my 'kit pen spares' box. It stretches to 24 inches.
I spray painted a tube to sort of look like flames and cast it in ER. Took WEEKS to set!!!:confused: I'm not even sure if it's completely cured now, as I can't really get a decent shine on it. But I can take it apart and polish it again and it was just to practice my painting under epoxy anyway.
Just for fun really, but hope you like it.

PS; My wife says the flames look daft!!!! Ha!!! What does she know anyway:mad::biggrin:

Attachments

• flame 008.jpg
    flame 008.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 291
  • flame 011.jpg
    flame 011.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 316
  • flame 031.jpg
    flame 031.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 258
  • flame 002.jpg
    flame 002.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 225
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Skip, sometimes I have to wonder about you. The flames look good, but I would blend the colors a bit more where they meet, use a lighter mist out of your airbrush. Other than that, it looks good to me. I like the pen, but the flames may be a bit much for the designed usage of it.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Neil, an airbrush is on my wish list for Christmas, but this was done with good old spray cans. :biggrin: Sprayed half black then half yellow. I then did a quick squirt of red through the middle. I drew and cut out a 'negative' stencil and went back with the black paint.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Here's a pic of the negative stencil, just in case anyone was wondering about that:wink: Just a bit of thin ally cut out with scissors and bent around the tube. I tried it with blue flames on silver too, but smudged the paint before it was dry:frown:

Attachments

• flame 043.jpg
    flame 043.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 169

ldb2000

Good job Skippy , considering you were using Epoxy Resin . You have a problem getting PR over there ? Nice idea with the pop can templates , gotta steal......errr Borrow that one from you :biggrin:

cnirenberg

Steve,
I think it came out pretty cool. Not quite sure what Daft means, but I'm sure the Mrs. is right. I like your spreay paint job from the flames to the yelow/red stippling. Nice work.

Top Bottom