Playing with Bakelite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

Here are 3 more bakelite pens all made from the same rod. Just reverse painted the blanks. All comments welcome.

IMG_1847-1.jpg

IMG_1848-1.jpg

IMG_1849-1.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Those are fantastic! How did you end up removing the "Pimp Stone" from the Majestic?

David Keller

Very nice... I think I like the majestic best, but that's probably my distaste for gold more than anything else. They're all beautiful.

RAdams

Banned
Beautiful pens Roy!! The cap for the top one looks like a storm rolling in!

OKLAHOMAN

Thanks all for your comments. Mike I soaked the crystal in acetone overnight and finally got it out with a dental pick...

jttheclockman

Roy

I assume when you say you reversed painted the blanks you painted the inside of the blank???? Did you paint the tube also and what colors did you use and what is your paint of choice??? Thanks for showing and nice work on all of them.

CaptG

Roy

I assume when you say you reversed painted the blanks you painted the inside of the blank???? Did you paint the tube also and what colors did you use and what is your paint of choice??? Thanks for showing and nice work on all of them.

Ya Roy, what John said. Do you mind telling which rod that was? Those pens are just drop dead gorgeous.

hewunch

Amazing stuff Roy! Great job. Are you going to put something where the pimp crystal was? It looks empty to me.

cnirenberg

Roy,
Those are some sweet loooking pens. I love the colors. Thanks for posting this. I think I am getting the Bakelite jones, and I can attribute it all to you. Thanks a lot.

OKLAHOMAN

JT and Gary, yes reverse painting is painting the inside of the blank after drilling, I did not paint the tubes.
Gary these were made from the rods that I bought that were sold to me as butterscotch. After turning I found that the color was just patina and they were really white swirl and translucent.(Actually I liked it so much I contacted the seller of the rods and bought all she had.)Lupe and Hans I used a 4.5 MM black Swarovski crystal.

wizard

I have done quite a few majestic kits in tru-stone would love to have a cabochan (sp?) or crystal that is a better match to the material of the body of the pen. Can you recommend a site to purchase crystals?

OKLAHOMAN

Jeff, thanks for the front page, to all who asked I just heard through the grapevine that there will be a few of these blanks for sale soon .

mervyn

Fantastic work, love the colour effects, OH! And congrats for knocking me off the first page, lol

Very well done

Mervyn

Last edited:
Top Bottom