Playin with polymer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from eupher58

eupher58

Started playing around this week, SWMBO ordered some canes, and heres what came out. These are fun! Bit of a learning curve, first couple didn't come out. Felt like they were not firm enough after 30 minutes so left them in for another 20 or so. Then they were brittle. Couple more experiments, lowered the temp and pulled out at 30 minutes, and they work just fine.

Attachments

• 100_4926.jpg
    100_4926.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 283
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ghostrider

Congrats on the achievement.

My polymer clays don't look that good, but they are fun. I'm right there with you on finding the right heat/time. I've burnt so much clay this week I actually ran out of one color between the burn, and the brittle, and the pour application to the tubes. So much learning. :biggrin:

OOPS

Really, really nice. It looks like you are quite skilled at this. I can't wait to see your future efforts. Thanks for posting them.

I have been thinking about trying this too. Nice to have you post these and give me some confidence in trying it. I really hate to purchase the pre-made blanks because the blank is where we can put ourselves into our pens. Very nice pens, very nice blanks.

eupher58

Thanks all, Yeah, I thought about making canes, until I watched some video. What am I gonna do with 6 foot of the same thing!!! Really, though being the retired semi-lazy person I am, it was a lot easier to grab a couple of em off ebay. Got about 20 bucks wrapped up in 3 canes, including the shipping. Thats a lot less aggravation than rollin yer own. and yep, need an oven thermometer for accuracy..

Top Bottom