Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

with home made dyamond wood
tn_Multilamcigar.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
That looks really great. I haven't got around to turning any more of mine. Too many irons in the fire! I worked on 4 Taper pens today and can't get the mechanisms to work in 3 of them. Don't know what I'm doing wrong!It is soooo frustrating. And they are all great acrylic patterns too!

G

Sorry for the bad scan, trying my wifes scanner/computer.
That's a glue up I did.It show's up better in my album.
I forgot how many plys it has.
Wenge,canarywood blackwood,pinkivory,cherry,walnut,mahogany,poplar,maple,bloodwood,purpleheart.
lacewood

Fred in NC

When a blank is too thick for a pen, say 3/4" and I am making a slimline, I usually bandsaw some of the excess. This leaves me with a couple thin pieces of waste. They go in a box, and later I can use them for laminations, etc.

The color from the darker slices can easily bleed to the lighter color ones if the lighter color wood is porous, or if the finish acts like a solvent. Need to be careful here.

Good job, Eagle!

thostorey

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada.
Originally posted by Fred in NC
<br />When a blank is too thick for a pen, say 3/4" and I am making a slimline, I usually bandsaw some of the excess. This leaves me with a couple thin pieces of waste. They go in a box, and later I can use them for laminations, etc.

Fred, how do you get the cut offs smooth enought to glue together after bandsawing them? I've lots of pieces I could laminate but I don't know the technique.

Thanks, Tom

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Ed D...I know I've seen an article wherein you describe the laminate method you use. Would you consider posting it to our library so all can give your method a try? [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom