Platinum Carrot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
It's been a while since I've done a Woodcraft Princeton so I picked one of when we were there last week. Evelyn picked out this blank Buy Acrylic Pen Blank - Carrot at Woodcraft.com to go along with it. I back painted the blank with Testors Diamond Dust (a sliver color) spray lacquer. Fred (PTowneSubbie) says that silver will make the color of the blank pop. I wet sanded to 12000 mm and polished with hut plastic polish. All C&C welcome

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 222
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks a lot Charlie for that great comment. Evelyn really like it.....she took it saying that "Some of my clients need a fatter pen" I loose more pen right in my own house.:biggrin:

Last edited:

toddlajoie

Looks great, and yes, I reverse paint a lot of my blanks with a flat silver color (I use the little modeling paint bottles rather than the spray...)

OZturner

Beautiful Dan,
Your work is so consistently good, and so prolific, it is becoming difficult to make a new and original response.
Great Fit and Finish,
Excellent choices of Blank and Kit.
Superb,
Brian.

Patio

Really nice Dan! I like the look of the blank a lot! My local woodcraft doesn't have as wide a selection it seems as yours does! :)

For whatever reason, it kinda reminds of a tiger eye stone, even though that stone is different in color, I think its the depth and color variation that reminds me of it.

I also like the Princeton pens, they just feel good in the hand!

Thanks,

Pat

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks a lot Pat for that comment, it does look a bit like tiger eye, maybe your Woodcraft could order the blank for you, it couldn't hurt to ask. I gave a Princeton to one ofbmy Doctor he really liked it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom