plat baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made this pen for the Yahoo penmakers guild pen swap. It is a Baron Platinum RB with a matching cap top and Cb ring.
It is made from long leaf pine.

20of%20tn%20baron%20rb%20long%20leaf%20pine%20open.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

It's even nicer if you get to hold it and use it. Glenn sent this pen to me and I'm quite a lucky guy. The pen is simply beautiful and the workmanship is excellent. The wooden ring on the CB and the wooden tip on the cap add such a nice touch to the pen. Thanks Glenn for sharing your work with me. It is in my private collection case and I change pens once a week.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

dougle40

Great looking pen Glenn !! I like the idea of the matching CB and the cap , but have one question - how do you go about making a matching cap since some require that they be threaded on ????

The cap blank was drilled part of the way and a dowell was inserted and glued the size of the cap hole vacated by the stock insert. I glued the dowell in place at the sacrificial end of the blank only. On the other end of that blank I screwed into a hole my bottle stopper mandrel which was driven by a drill chuck in the head stock and a live center on the tail stock. It was turned finished and removed from the blank and was inserted and glued to the cap from the inside with gorilla glue.
I hope that helps, any easier or better ideas would be appreciated.

Glenn

woodscavenger

I love the baron kit and also thought about doing a custom band but did not even think about a custom finial. I guess the same could be done on a cigar pen. After looking at a fountain pen site showing some of the old classics I thougt about doing a cap of some sort for the post end. It would make the pen more like the Statesman/Gent series with the tapered, no-thread end. I like the looks. I may have to experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom