Plain 'Ole Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gagler

Gagler

Here is a cigar made from Red Oak - I wouldn't have made it from red oak because I think it is kind of plain, but the guy at work who was paying me for it handed me the wood and wanted it made specifically from a piece of red oak cutoff: the rest of it is part of a rocking chair and other childhood furniture he made for one of his grandkids. GOes to show you the customer is always right and it helps support my addiction (I mean habit).

This thing soaked up CA like a sponge, and hope it holds. As always, comments and suggestions for improvement are appreciated!

Attachments

• Red Oak.jpg
    Red Oak.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 310
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bree

I like pens like this. They are not fancy or gaudy. They look like wooden pens. Nice job!
:wink::wink::wink:

stoneman

Michael,
I also like pens with some sort of sentimental attachment. Nice job. BTW - I use the pen swap sycamore pen you made me from the Orphan's Home material as my home pen and I mention the story to everyone who comments on the pen.

Last edited:

bradh

Good looking pen. Nothing wrong with an ordinary piece of red oak. I often make pens from oak, maple, cherry, and walnut. They all sell well and the wood is a lot less expensive and easier to find than burls and exotic woods.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Boy, thats a beautiful piece of red oak! Very nice pen, too. How many coats of CA did you use? Nice finish.

GouletPens

I had a customer in Japan that was thrilled to get a red oak pen from me. In some parts of the world red oak is more exotic than burls!:question:

Top Bottom