Pittsburgh Steelers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from grub32

grub32

This is the first pen off from the blanks that made during the videotaping.

Suggestions are welcome...

Told you guys it was black and gold :D

Anyway, more to come...

Grub32

2008330232040_Goldie.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tanner

Nice homebrew Warren. I've been watching your video's. Do you have to press your finial and clip on further? It looks like there's a gap there, unlees it's a black ring or something.

grub32

I think it does need press in further...I just did it today and was quick to photograph and post...I just wanted to get it up before making any more videos. I didnt even take the time to set it up to show the clip...I am a lazy person.

Grub32

karlkuehn

Banned
I've been digging watching the videos, Grub. I don't think I'm up to stirring the way you do, though! heh...I'm a disaster half the time anyways, and I can just imagine adding another power tool into the process.

Nice looking pen! I need to go watch the video to see how you're swirling your colors. Is that black or silver mixed in there?

bitshird

first, I've enjoyed the videos, and like Karl I'll still mix by hand, or possibly make something a bit sturdier than a tongue depressor,I was hoping the black would be more pronounced, The ribbon casting blanks should be killer, ;)[:eek:)]

grub32

These videos were meant to be simple...there are more advanced techniques to use. I have learned the hard way that adding too much color at the wrong time diffuses the color...I have a really nice green blank that came from that. It is camouflage so if you want to hide your pen from the enemy that will be the one. If I was going to try to get more swirl, I would have mix and poured more of the colors together and let if set up longer, then swirl with a tooth pick.

This technique in the video will get you started, there are more that will come along and show more advance features and how to make it sparkle and dramatic.

The color mix in there is a little bit of black. I have to say that power tools make things easier and give you more time to devote to turning the pens. I have not had a depressor break yet and I have made probably 30 batches this way. More to come...

best of luck,

Grub32

rjwolfe3

I like it. Thanks now my wife really wants a Steelers blank.[}:)] Trying to figure if it's better to follow your videos or just buy a blank from ya, lol.:D (Hoping for a 50% sale at Michaels soon!)

Top Bottom