PITH for Twissy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RSidetrack

RSidetrack

The PITH pen I sent John (Twissy) made it across the Atlantic and has arrived. I sent him a two page letter of the adventure that led to the pen I had sent him, but I will keep it very simple here. My original idea had a ton of segments and I kept blowing it out. I eventually changed the idea to a new one that had less segments, but in the end I never got to make it because of Hurricane Sandy. My basement ended up with a bunch of water in it and I had left my miter saw on the floor when I cleaned my work bench off :frown: Needless to say, it rusted solid and I couldn't cut segments anymore. I had to turn to casting. I was determined to do something I had never done before for casting, and that was a 3 color blank with clear as the third "color". I was quite happy with the way it came out, especially for the first attempt. I had asked him his favorite color - which was yellow, so this was the result (If you are wondering about the speckles on the black, the clear I added Macro Pearl PearlEx to, just a very small amount):

Genteel_1.jpg

Genteel_2.jpg

Genteel_3.jpg

Genteel_4.jpg

Genteel_5.jpg

Twissy

In the flesh, this pen is the goats gonads!!!!
As I said in a PM to Rick I couldn't be happier, and it has taken pride of place on my desk in the studio.
Rick also included some fantastic blanks, which had a little story attached to almost every one......I will be posting pics of the pens produced from these in the new year.
Once again, thank you Rick!

RSidetrack

FIRST ATTEMPT?!?!?! That is awesome. Make some more! I would definitely buy some and help contribute to your replacement miter saw!!!

Jason
Thanks! I will cast some more up with different color variations sometime in the near future. Things are a bit hectic with the holiday season, but I will definitely post on the forums once I have done so.

Top Bottom