PITH from Triple Crown - Wow!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russknan

Russknan

What a great experience this has been! Greg (Triple Crown) and I exchanged numerous emails, some with teases, as well as learned a lot about each others' pen experiences, preferences and life circumstances in general. He and I traded stories about the various "design opportunities" we encountered as we each pushed ourselves beyond our normal comfort levels. In the process, we became friends and anxiously awaited our PITH surprises. Even tried to time sending out the pens so that they would get to the other guy on the same day that ours came in. Got close, one day apart.

I couldn't believe my good fortune upon opening the box. As you can see, Greg made a stunningly colored and segmented beauty of a writing instrument. Everyone I've shown it to has had the same reaction I did upon first seeing it: Blown Away! As shown in the last picture, Greg also included a Boatload of very nice blanks.

This was my first PITH exchange. (I've been a member less than a year.) It seemed that this might be a fun, learning experience, but it has been much more. I gained a lot from the multiple failures - more on that elsewhere - but I really hadn't anticipated gaining a friend. We will keep in touch and continue to encourage each others' progress.

Oh, and this pen is staying very close to home. It's a keeper, and I'm very protective of it. Thanks to IAP for providing this great opportunity. And thanks, especially, to Greg! Russ

Attachments

• IMG_2348.jpg
    IMG_2348.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2349.jpg
    IMG_2349.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2350.jpg
    IMG_2350.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2352.jpg
    IMG_2352.jpg