PITH from Timebandit. R U Freaking Kidding!?!?!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BSea

BSea

I received my PITH from Timebandit today. I've got a photo tent on order that should be here Tuesday, but I couldn't wait to show this off.

A Beautiful Desert Ironwood burl kitless pen with a BOCK nib. When the PITH pairing were announced, I got really excited. But I never expected anything like this.

Nuff Said. The pictures (although not the best) speak for themselves.

EDIT: BTW, it's postable too.

Pith1TB1.jpg

Pith1TB4.jpg

Pith1TB3.jpg

And to top it all off, here are the blanks.

Pith1TB2.jpg

This was my 1st PITH. ALL I can say is WOW. Thanks Justin!!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Bob....you better bring that pen tomorrow, I want to touch it a little(hehehehe, in my bestest evil laugh).

Your a really lucky guy to receive that!!

Scott (first class turning there) B

firewhatfire

Guess he figured you would be rough on it and made it out of the ol tough knotty wood. I would have to tote it everywhere just to see if it could take the abuse.(or just to show it off). Nice pen

wiset1

That's amazing! I wish he would do more in wood! You really paired up with an amazing turner...lucky dog

bitshird

The pen is amazing, congratulations on owning a pen buy one of the best Pen Makers around, and answers a question I've been wondering about.
Ya know that Justin is some kind of Wizard (sorry Doc) or Magician, No mere Mortal can make pen's like his, I really think he is one of the finest Pen Makers around, certainly in the top ten and close to the top.
Given the choice between one of his beautiful pens and one from say the Gisi Brothers, or Barry Gross, even Dan Furlano (and I apologize if I miss spelled any of these guys names.) I would have one of Justin's, his work is so beautiful.
I wish I wasn't so old, I'd definitely be a Timebandit Groupie. :RockOn::RockOn:

Brooks803

That is sweet! Kinda funny too Bob. Weren't we just talking about doing kitless wooden pens? Guess now you've got some inspiration for sure:tongue:

Justin - AMAZING craftsmanship! I've been working on something similar for a while now and now I have to let this thread die down a bit before going back to it. No way am I going to try and follow this act!

BSea

That is a WINNER!!!! Love the wood section!
The wooden section is what really puts it over the top. Nice pen!
That's what really sets if off to me too.

Guess he figured you would be rough on it and made it out of the ol tough knotty wood. I would have to tote it everywhere just to see if it could take the abuse.(or just to show it off). Nice pen
Don't worry, it will get plenty of travel time. If Justin could have read my mind he'd have know that DIW is just about my all time favorite wood.

That is sweet! Kinda funny too Bob. Weren't we just talking about doing kitless wooden pens? Guess now you've got some inspiration for sure:tongue:
It is funny. And he did just what we talked about doing. Now if I can just come somewhat close to duplicating how he did it. Just don't expect anything real soon. :rolleyes:

And for a quick follow-up. It has a schmidt piston in it too. I've filled it with ink, and have been writing my name every chance I get. I'm like a kid with a new toy . . . . . . . . . . . . . Wait . . . . . . . . . According to my wife, that's exactly what I am.

bluwolf

That is really nice. I like the black threads in between sections of wood. Really clean looking.

Mike

Timebandit

The pen is amazing, congratulations on owning a pen buy one of the best Pen Makers around, and answers a question I've been wondering about.
Ya know that Justin is some kind of Wizard (sorry Doc) or Magician, No mere Mortal can make pen's like his, I really think he is one of the finest Pen Makers around, certainly in the top ten and close to the top.
Given the choice between one of his beautiful pens and one from say the Gisi Brothers, or Barry Gross, even Dan Furlano (and I apologize if I miss spelled any of these guys names.) I would have one of Justin's, his work is so beautiful.
I wish I wasn't so old, I'd definitely be a Timebandit Groupie. :RockOn::RockOn:

WOW!! Thanks Ken!! What an amazing compliment:redface:

Justin - AMAZING craftsmanship! I've been working on something similar for a while now and now I have to let this thread die down a bit before going back to it. No way am I going to try and follow this act!

Thanks Brooks!! Dont be scared. Im sure yours will be great!!:biggrin:

That is a WINNER!!!! Love the wood section!
The wooden section is what really puts it over the top. Nice pen!
That's what really sets if off to me too.

Don't worry, it will get plenty of travel time. If Justin could have read my mind he'd have know that DIW is just about my all time favorite wood.

It is funny. And he did just what we talked about doing. Now if I can just come somewhat close to duplicating how he did it. Just don't expect anything real soon. :rolleyes:

And for a quick follow-up. It has a schmidt piston in it too. I've filled it with ink, and have been writing my name every chance I get. I'm like a kid with a new toy . . . . . . . . . . . . . Wait . . . . . . . . . According to my wife, that's exactly what I am.

Bob!!! Im glad that you like it and im sure when you get up the nerve to give it a try you will do just fine!!:biggrin:

Top Bottom