PITH swap with ZanderPomme

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Crickett

Crickett

These are pictures of the pens myself and Alex swapped. I received the gold casting and I sent him the segmented pen. I'm definitely pleased with my end of the trade! Thanks Alex!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• PC180001.JPG
    PC180001.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 429
  • PB170007.jpg
    PB170007.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 444
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kretzky

Beautifully done both of you! Is that a rather interesting looking blank on top of the stack behind the gold pen? or am I imagining things.... again :redface:

ZanderPommo

I absoluty love my pen Marla, thanks so much. It looks even better in person. Im trying to use it as my daily writer but Im still so nervous to carry it around! :biggrin:

RussFromNH

Looks like a Blue Jean pen blank behind the Gold pen, or do my eyes deceive me (again). Is the gold one cast gold foil? or a gold pigment? Love them both.

Crickett

Beautifully done both of you! Is that a rather interesting looking blank on top of the stack behind the gold pen? or am I imagining things.... again :redface:

I'm looking forward to turning that one!! I'm not sure if Alex made that one but I'm quite sure he did the casting.

"Gold" pen looks really different from what I see here usually. How it's made?

Alex will have to answer this one, he's the genius!! :wink:

Looks like a Blue Jean pen blank behind the Gold pen, or do my eyes deceive me (again). Is the gold one cast gold foil? or a gold pigment? Love them both.

Thanks. Yes, jeans.

ZanderPommo

The gold foil was leafed to the tubes and then cast under clear PR, as you would do with a snakeskin blank, its quite challenging to attain a consistent pattern, but I think it looks better done that way, as opposed to the leaf filled blanks.
I got the segmented blank from rockler, i dont have the skills to segment like that haha.
The blue jean micarta blank as well as one or two of the castings were done by me.
Supprisingly the blue jean blanks square, cut, and turn very well.
Its made from 22 layers of 100% cotton blue jeans fused with silmar PR

Top Bottom