PITH from "robutacion"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from louisbry

louisbry

Got my PITH pen today from robutacion (George Valentine) and I have to say I could not be pleased more! He out did himself by making my pen from his recently created new blank design. I think he cast a stainless pot scruber and the effect is similar to a catcus blank but the color is silver metalic. I am sure it will be a big hit in his blank lineup. The pens fit and finish are spot on and I will give it a place of honor in my collection.

George also sent me some beautiful blanks so I have a chance to make some special pens from Australia timbers. Thanks George!

Attachments

• PITH 2012 01.jpg
    PITH 2012 01.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 334
  • PITH 2012.jpg
    PITH 2012.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 277
  • PITH 2012 BLANKS.jpg
    PITH 2012 BLANKS.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 263
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Only George would think of diving under the sink to look for something to cast and have it look that cool. He made you a neat pen.

Wonder if he looked in the bathroom yet? :search: :wink: :biggrin:

robutacion

What wood is the the sixth one over (next from end)? It looks unique

That would be a Palm blank #31 but this is cut from the joint where the normal palm wood fibres grow from the root fibres formation, they are exceptional looking and you only get one for every 6" of the Palm tree based total diameter...!

Hope to have answered your question, if any more, just shoot...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Got my PITH pen today from robutacion (George Valentine) and I have to say I could not be pleased more! He out did himself by making my pen from his recently created new blank design. I think he cast a stainless pot scruber and the effect is similar to a catcus blank but the color is silver metalic. I am sure it will be a big hit in his blank lineup. The pens fit and finish are spot on and I will give it a place of honor in my collection.

George also sent me some beautiful blanks so I have a chance to make some special pens from Australia timbers. Thanks George!

Thanks Louis for you kind words, most appreciated...!

I'm glad that you like what I did with your pen, you are correct, the blank was one of the stainless steal kitchen pot scrubers, I made and show on the "tease" thread for you...! Just something different, as I like.:wink:

My small blanks selection as part of the 2012 PITH principle, will give great pens, I look forwards to see them, in time, off-course...!

I may consider making a few of these blanks for other to have a go at them, and see what come up in the end, that will be most interesting...!:wink::biggrin:

Well, that's all from me, for this 2012 PITH, hope everyone is on top of things with it, and that many other people get nice surprises, also...!

Good luck...!

PS: Just before I go, and knowing how difficult it was to photograft this pen, I shot about 20 pics, only a hand full did come up half decent so, I will add a couple more here, some in close up for more detail view of the blank...! You don't mind, do you Louis...???

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 002p.jpg
    002p.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 223
  • 015p.jpg
    015p.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 019p.jpg
    019p.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 193

robutacion

Only George would think of diving under the sink to look for something to cast and have it look that cool. He made you a neat pen.

Wonder if he looked in the bathroom yet? :search: :wink: :biggrin:

Hahahah Curly, you are so right...!

Oh yes, I have been in the bathroom with my "hunting hat on", I saw lots of possibilities but, I gave them a "pass" for now...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Jjartwood

Beautiful Pen,I love the visual balance of the blank and kit .
Creative,very creative and well turned. I love that the tube has a peek-a-boo appearance
in places to add another level of depth
The pen has an economy of presents as a single unit,and that's not something that learned
without alot of time and effort.
Nice pen,Great job
Mark

robutacion

Beautiful Pen,I love the visual balance of the blank and kit .
Creative,very creative and well turned. I love that the tube has a peek-a-boo appearance
in places to add another level of depth

The pen has an economy of presents as a single unit,and that's not something that learned
without alot of time and effort.
Nice pen,Great job
Mark

Yes, that was the idea using that blank, after selecting a pen kit that had the gold and silver/chrome colours. Was no point in painting the tube with gold paint, I simply polished it to a super shine and cast it then, before it would darken.

The resin was clear to allow the gold colour from the brass tube to show, through the stainless steel mesh however, the brass tubes lost some of their shine from the PR heat on contact still, it come out OK...!

Thanks also for the kind words...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom