PITH pens from SMJ1957

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

Ldubia has received my pens and I have received his. Here is a link to the post I made about his. http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/pith-ldubia-104521/#post1473499

The pens I sent Larry are a matching set of segmented Sierra's. They are meant to be sort of mirror images. I used Sierra Chrome Two Tone A & B. One with Padauk, aluminum and Ash, the other with Ash, aluminum and Padauk. One has blue ink, the other black. They are finished with Wood Turners Finish and buffed with tripoli and diamond compounds.

I didn't take pictures of the blanks I sent him, he can add those if he took some.

I had a blast making the pens. In another post I will share some of my journey.

Steve

Attachments

• PITH 1.jpg
    PITH 1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 101
  • PITH 2.jpg
    PITH 2.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 108
  • PITH 3.jpg
    PITH 3.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 113
  • PITH 4.jpg
    PITH 4.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

That looks very nice. Good job on the creating of that one. The fit and finish look well done. Hard for me to tell but, is that metal inlayed between the segments?

ldubia

Ldubia has received my pens and I have received his. Here is a link to the post I made about his. http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/pith-ldubia-104521/#post1473499

The pens I sent Larry are a matching set of segmented Sierra's. They are meant to be sort of mirror images. I used Sierra Chrome Two Tone A & B. One with Padauk, aluminum and Ash, the other with Ash, aluminum and Padauk. One has blue ink, the other black. They are finished with Wood Turners Finish and buffed with tripoli and diamond compounds.

I didn't take pictures of the blanks I sent him, he can add those if he took some.

I had a blast making the pens. In another post I will share some of my journey.

Steve

I did post the pics and made a comment about the wonderful pens Steve made. I posted them along with the pics of the wood he sent on FALL 2012 PITH PAIRINGS, page 13. You will have to go there and see the amazing collection of wood Steve shared with me.

I commend Steve on his ability to segment these blanks and turn them. He refused to quit and produced two beautiful pens for my wife and I. She grabbed on just as I set it down. She got the black ink in the chrome clip and tip with white stripe.

Thank you again Steve.

Top Bottom