PITH Pen from Old Lar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

I had planned on putting this up several weeks ago when I received it. But I had not had the time to give it the treatment it deserves. Old Lar did a fantastic job on this pen. He really tried some new things for him and they paid off in spades. I am so proud of this pen and him! It is built around a Blk Ti Vail kit. Double closed end, hidden clip. Turquoise inlay. And as you can see the timber itself is amazing! Great job! And now... some pictures. :)

Attachments

• pith-oldlar1.jpg
    pith-oldlar1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 166
  • pith-oldlar2.jpg
    pith-oldlar2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 145
  • pith-oldlar3.jpg
    pith-oldlar3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 150
  • pith-oldlar4.jpg
    pith-oldlar4.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 166
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Hans, thats a beautiful pen. Great job Larry. The state of South Dakota was only issued so much pen turning talent and you're hogging it all! By the way what is the timber?

Last edited:

Gilrock

Very nice... I haven't tried any closed end pens yet. The cap looks like it's all one piece...is the clip very secure? I've read in the library how to install a clip like that a couple different ways and it sounds like it would be good for a photo but I haven't tried to make one cause it seems like it wouldn't hold up to clipping it in/out you're pocket several times.

Old Lar

Thanks Hans, for posting my PITH pen. I enjoyed making it for you.

My pictures were nothing compared to those that you took and make it look great. It was a piece of slightly spalted birch firewood. The concealed clip was the second one that I had done. It has enough epoxy in there to hold it for a long time. Thanks again for posting it.

Top Bottom