PITH pen for "danrs"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

Here is my PITH pen for my receiving partner "danrs". While I have never made a closed end pen, I thought I would go ahead and give it a shot using a piece of Honduran Rosewood Burl on a Jr Gent II rollerball kit. My finish of course is a CA finish MM-12000. Being that Dan is from North Carolina, I made him one of my Tru-Quarter™ blanks using the North Carolina quarter. I didnt get a picture of that but I'm sure he would be more than happy to verify with pics once he puts a tool to it! All comments, critiques, criticisms welcome!

Attachments

• HRB jr gent II PITH.JPG
    HRB jr gent II PITH.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 192
  • HRB jr gent II PITH 2.jpg
    HRB jr gent II PITH 2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 166
  • HRB jr gent II PITH 3.JPG
    HRB jr gent II PITH 3.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 201
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Thanks to all for the kind comments! I was working on the finial piece but I broke it, so i replaced the gold finial back where it belonged. :frown:

It's nice to see you still remember what that JET 1220 is for!

:rolleyes:while this is true, in all fairness, I do still use my lathe on a daily basis. This week may be the exception, boss is on vacation and I am pulling double duty, so i wont be able to browse at work like I want to.:mad:

Could have fooled me! :)
Great looking pen yet again from a master of the craft.
Thanks for sharing,
Tom

thanks tom, but there are far greater masters than me:rolleyes:. compliment accepted though! I wish everyone could feel the CA finish on that pen, it was smooth as butter:cool:

Top Bottom