PITH from Ohiococonut

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hilltopper46

hilltopper46

I received a very nice Vertex Clicker yesterday from Delbert Craig (Ohiococonut). Clicker is not the right word for this pen as it's action is very positive, but very quiet. I have been staying away from click pens for a while because of some negative experiences but I may need to try this one.

Anyway, Del did an outstanding job on this pen with some perfectly executed multi-colored inlay, and a perfect CA finish. And, it came with some really nice packaging in the form of some beautiful blanks of flame boxelder, claro walnut, buckeye burl and more.

Thank you, Del!

Here are some pics I took of the pen.

Attachments

• OC-1.JPG
    OC-1.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 181
  • OC-2.JPG
    OC-2.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 166
  • OC-3.JPG
    OC-3.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

steeler fan1

Very good looking pen Tony, Del did an excellent job on the fit and finish. What wood is it made of? On the first 2 pictures it appears the wood between the red/blue segments is different than the body, but the 3rd picture it appears the same. Just an illusion or camera angle? Thanks for sharing.

Carl

ohiococonut

Tony,
Glad you like the pen and thanks for the compliment. I was actually at a loss at what to do :confused:. The pen is made from curly maple. The red, white and blue segments are from a laminated block I had. I simply cut the three colors out and inserted them. Being fairly new to turning I'm still learning a lot from this forum.

Top Bottom