PITH for Ohiococconut

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

Well, I wanted to challenge and stretch myself during the PITH (I try to every time). So this was fun for me. Some features of the pen. And then some firsts. Features; maple body with a bloodwood and maple veneer (bricks), it is a roller writer so it uses FP ink and can easily store a second cartridge, it has 3 decal gates (the recipient worked in a wrought iron foundry) and it has an acrylic finial.
Now for the firsts, the brick area has a 3-D feel in that it is thicker than the "road" part of the pen and where the road goes through the wall, I carved it out. The road is woodburned (pyrography) on the smaller road is the reference Matt. 7:13-14 which is the theme of the pen. The cap has a full nylatron insert so I could make my threads. And the body has a nylatron insert for the threads as well. I colored the pen using magic marker. Lastly, I "signed" the pen. That is the mark closest to the end that looks vaguely like a "W" with a line through it. It is the mark I put on all of my bowls but I had yet to figure out how to put it on a pen.

I think that is all. Comments and criticisms welcome. The recipient asked me to post these pictures and the description so that is the reason for the post.

Attachments

• PITH1.jpg
    PITH1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 186
  • PITH2.jpg
    PITH2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 147
  • PITH3.jpg
    PITH3.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 116
  • PITH4.jpg
    PITH4.jpg