PITH From Displaced Canadian (Long overdue thanks)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ghostrider

ghostrider

I know it's been some time since PITH, but there's a story behind this one.

Displaced Canadian had been assigned as my back-up PITH partner after a delay from my original partner. The original partner eventually came through (with a beautiful pen), so I contacted the organizers to let them know I had received my pen.

Well, fast forward to the beginning of April, and a package showed up from Christopher (quite unexpectedly). I opened up the package to find this elegant piece. This is the first magnetic cap for me as I've never even ordered any, and I must say that I am quite pleased.

I'm not sure what type of wood is used in it, but it has a nice herringbone pattern on a Black Ti Zen.

He also sent along one of his Damascus blanks, which I'm looking forward to turning as soon as I decide which set to mate it to.

I really wasn't sure what the occasion was for the gift as I had long forgotten that he was assigned as my back-up. After a couple days I remembered, and immediately contacted him to tell him that my original partner had already sent one (I was afraid there was a mix-up). He told me that he was well aware of the situation, but just decided he wanted to send one anyway, as it was a good reason to make a nice pen.

Thanks a lot Christopher for the fine gift, and for a prime example of the quality of people we have on this forum.

Attachments

• DSCN1276 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1276 (Medium).JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCN1279 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1279 (Medium).JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN1282 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1282 (Medium).JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 228
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

That pen looks like it has some great chatoyance. That pen is as first rate as the guy who sent it to you.

Top Bottom