PITH From bobskio2003

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from toddlajoie

toddlajoie

I got my PITH from Bob Ireland (aka bobskio2003) the other day, and finally got a chance to photo it and stop in here and tell y'all 'bout it. The thing is fantastic. I've seen the 360 Herringbones done before, but never ones on an angle like this one so it shows as arches rather than strait lines... The fit and finish of the pen is VERY nice, but the craftsmanship on gluing up the pattern is spectacular. Everything is tight and there are absolutely no gaps or voids anywhere to be seen (one of the main reason's I have not tried anything like this yet is I doubt I could pull this off...) Bob did a fantastic job on this, and he is patiently waiting for me to get mine finished and send off to him...

He also filled the box with an unbelieveable assortment of blanks, the likes of which I have never seen. This site over the past few years has exposed me to many types of wood that I had never heard of before, and Bob mananged to find about 8 or 9 to send me that I had still never heard of... If I had shot them all, the pen would be very difficult to see, so I've only included a few representatives in the photos...

Thanks again Bob for all your hard work. This is going to live on my desk with my previous PITH exchanges and get rotated into occasional use.

2012-12%20PITH%201419%20%28Web%29.jpg

2012-12%20PITH%201424%20%28Web%29.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

That is a beautiful pen and I know exactly what you are talking about in regards to the pen blanks. I won a box of blanks from that Bob provided in last years bash and couldn't beleive the number of blanks that I had never heard of. There was one that was labled "Sausage Tree" that I still have on the shelf. My inner twelve year old giggles a little every time I come across it.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom