PITH from Aussieturner (birdseye sheoak)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I had the distinct honor of being paired up with Troy in this years swap, and here are the items I received from him. We have here a Pristina FP, nicely dressed in Western Australian Birdseye Sheoak. I hope you can make out the detail in the figure in this wood. It IS very pretty. The pen came in the nice display box. As a real bonus, Troy sent 8 quality pen blanks of HARD wood. Beautiful specimens that, will make some really nice pens. Thank you Troy!:wink:

Attachments

• IMG_1326.JPG
    IMG_1326.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1327.JPG
    IMG_1327.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1328.JPG
    IMG_1328.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1329.JPG
    IMG_1329.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1330.JPG
    IMG_1330.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_1331.jpg
    IMG_1331.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 264
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I got to see this pen in person yesterday and the pen and box are really nice. Great job on the pen Troy.

seamus7227

That is a gorgeous pen, has that been modified?! Looks like a hybrid from a Jr Statesman, Atrax and Roman Harvest. Call me weird if you may:biggrin::rolleyes:.

Nice work all around!

PenPal

Chuck,

You have been priviliged to receive a cross section of really exciting blanks all of them will produce exciting pens value added they are indeed. That pen Box is beautiful. If you get out a map of Australia you could then more fully understand why I say this. First look up Mackay Queensland for the Mackay Cedar, Queensland is also the home of my allthetime favourite Hairy Oak (I just got a log from very far north Qld myself). Bimble Box Burl from various including areas of South Australia and NSW. Purple Gidgee (absolutely incredible blank there) is approaching a National Treasure timber from Qld. Figured Jarrah from Western Australia together with that piece de resistance WA Birdseye Sheoak Pen.

The timber in your gifted pen together with the others would turn all penmakers anywhere simply green with envy. I admire the way Troy has gone completely fulfilled in this swap to you the Birdseye Sheoak shimmers, glows outstandingly beautiful perhaps the very best example of this timber I have ever seen. The kit holds the unit together complementing the whole. It would be appropriate if you produce pens from these gifts to name Troy as the provider as I for one look forward to your making pens from them and also your reception of these timbers when you make them.

Pen swaps come and go and I have been totally privilidged to meet incredible folks swapping over the years between States and Countries each one has added to my sharing
skills and techniques, broadened my geography of the world.

Thank you for displaying Troys work so clearly for all of us to see and enjoy with you.

Kind regards Chuck and Troy,

Peter.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I got to see this pen in person yesterday and the pen and box are really nice. Great job on the pen Troy.
The suspense was killing me. Glad you got to come by and see it.

glad you like the pen , glad to see it was able to be seen in person by other members
oh yeah us aussies know you guys would walk over hot coals for our timbers :biggrin:
I do indeed like the pen, and the awesome blanks as well. Thanks again Troy.

That is a gorgeous pen, has that been modified?! Looks like a hybrid from a Jr Statesman, Atrax and Roman Harvest. Call me weird if you may:biggrin::rolleyes:.

Nice work all around!
Yeah, I didn't recognize the kit either, but it is a nice pen.

Chuck,

You have been priviliged to receive a cross section of really exciting blanks all of them will produce exciting pens value added they are indeed. That pen Box is beautiful. If you get out a map of Australia you could then more fully understand why I say this. First look up Mackay Queensland for the Mackay Cedar, Queensland is also the home of my allthetime favourite Hairy Oak (I just got a log from very far north Qld myself). Bimble Box Burl from various including areas of South Australia and NSW. Purple Gidgee (absolutely incredible blank there) is approaching a National Treasure timber from Qld. Figured Jarrah from Western Australia together with that piece de resistance WA Birdseye Sheoak Pen.

The timber in your gifted pen together with the others would turn all penmakers anywhere simply green with envy. I admire the way Troy has gone completely fulfilled in this swap to you the Birdseye Sheoak shimmers, glows outstandingly beautiful perhaps the very best example of this timber I have ever seen. The kit holds the unit together complementing the whole. It would be appropriate if you produce pens from these gifts to name Troy as the provider as I for one look forward to your making pens from them and also your reception of these timbers when you make them.

Pen swaps come and go and I have been totally privilidged to meet incredible folks swapping over the years between States and Countries each one has added to my sharing
skills and techniques, broadened my geography of the world.

Thank you for displaying Troys work so clearly for all of us to see and enjoy with you.

Kind regards Chuck and Troy,

Peter.
Thank you for the education Peter. I am so stocked up on the Australian timber, from my three swap partners I've had over the years, it's going to take awhile to get pens made from them. I feel I'm qualified now, so I'll have to get busy.

Very nice!

I think it would be a lot of fun to participate in the PITH, but I don't feel my pens are up to par for that yet, soon enough!
Don't feel that way at all. We all start somewhere.

aussieturner

Top Bottom