Pink Smoke New Series

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

I found this blank in the bottom of my box of oops blanks. Not quite sure when I made it or why it was in my oops box, but I'm really glad I found it tonight after I blew up the coolest flame blank Brooks had made :mad:. I put this one on a New Series fountain pen as many requests have come to me for a slimmer fountain pen. This one really seems to fit the bill. Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

Attachments

• P8230309.jpg
    P8230309.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 359
  • P8230314.jpg
    P8230314.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 308
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

WAIT! Are you talking about the one you got at the MPG??? I REALLY hope it wasn't! That one was going to be sweet :frown:

Atleast you made up for it by finding an awesome replacement blank. One of your better screw-ups :tongue:

Jim Burr

Banned
I like the center band...the dome top...hmmm...not bad, just seems...different. The way the transitions from light to dark is really sweet! I wish I had oops blanks like that!

alamocdc

Eric, first let me say I like the light to dark transition in your oops blank. Now I have a dumb question (since I've been out of the loop for a few years). Who sells that kit? What is the center band width of the pen? Okay, so that's two questions. But I think I like the look of that kit as opposed to the older snap cap 10mm pens.

longbeard

I like the colors, that looks really good on the chrome.
Those make for some nice pens
You can get the New Series Style at Exoticblanks.com

Last edited:

Buzzzz4

That is a set from Exotics. I think the one thing I don't like is the metal on metal threads as it does not screw on as smooth. Also, the blank is back painted black, but there is also a smoke colored mica mixed in.

SDB777

What color did you reverse paint the blank/tube? Don't see a lot of pink....I'm seeing purple-ish(or maybe I need to go see the eye doctor, or start smoking again or something).

Cool fit-n-finish, and the centerband is quite unique!!

Scott (not smoking cigs either) B

Buzzzz4

What color did you reverse paint the blank/tube? Don't see a lot of pink....I'm seeing purple-ish(or maybe I need to go see the eye doctor, or start smoking again)

Scott (not smoking cigs either) B

Nah, you aren't going crazy. it is a touch of purple due to back painting black. Sounds strange but that is what came through.

LL Woodworks

Great blank - I like the CB - not so crazy about the finial - a custom, blank matching finial would really finish this pen nicely.

ghostrider

That pen is gorgeous!

I've been working on a New Series for the past week, and am stalled in the process of debating if I want to just start over. That blank, combined with the back painting looks great on that set. Another one I want to see in person (Oh wait, That's just about every custom pen:redface:).

This set is very much like the Streamlined American that Berea sells (this New Series is also a Berea set). That is one my favorite sets, and I wish I'd been able to buy more when they were on sale. The metal threading does take some getting used to, but I think with the Gold Ti Streamlined one's I made that the threads did seem to improve with use. A gold ti version of this set should be a sure winner.

Brooks803

Ummmm, am I going to make a second grown man cry??? Yes, it was that one. AND Yes, it was looking sweet! :frown:

That does suck! I did tear up a bit when I first read about it. I remember that blank very well. I really think it was the best flame blank I ever made. Guess I need to try and sit down and make a couple more, haven't done any of those for months!:frown:

Buzzzz4

Eric,

That is a fantastic blank. Sorry to hear about the Brooks blank though. That is a heartbreaker.

Jason

Thanks! It was a huge bummer, but maybe I can beg and please another one out of him.

That does suck! I did tear up a bit when I first read about it. I remember that blank very well. I really think it was the best flame blank I ever made. Guess I need to try and sit down and make a couple more, haven't done any of those for months!:frown:[/quote]

So.... Jonathon! If you do have a chance to recreate that blank, any chance one could come my way???? :rolleyes: I still have a portion that may end up as a keychain just to see the result.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Well, I'd just like to say, aside from the fact that your pen is gorgeous . . . next time you want to throgh something in your Opps Box, I wish I lived close enough for it to fall in my WOW box.:biggrin:

Brooks803

Eric,

That is a fantastic blank. Sorry to hear about the Brooks blank though. That is a heartbreaker.

Jason

Thanks! It was a huge bummer, but maybe I can beg and please another one out of him.

That does suck! I did tear up a bit when I first read about it. I remember that blank very well. I really think it was the best flame blank I ever made. Guess I need to try and sit down and make a couple more, haven't done any of those for months!:frown:

So.... Jonathon! If you do have a chance to recreate that blank, any chance one could come my way???? :rolleyes: I still have a portion that may end up as a keychain just to see the result.[/quote]

:wink::biggrin:

Top Bottom