pink slim line, Late Christmas present

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mredburn

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
This pen was to be the Christmas present for last year for my Niece. Unfortunately the top blank cracked at the last minute and I ended up with only half a pen..at Midnight on the 24th ......:mad::frown::redface:

I tried to make a new upper from a different blank but it didn't come close to match the lower unit. I had originally cut a strip off the side of the first blank used, to be set aside and not waste so much of the blank for a slim line. It happened to be a piece 7/16 wide by 1 inch wide by 5 long. I decided I would have to drill it for the replacement top blank. It took three trys to get a usable blank. 1 blew out a chunk about 1/2 way down the blank and left a hole in the side of the blank and 1 drilled crooked.

My Brother was visiting this weekend from Oregon and I found out about 3:30pm that my Niece was coming up and we were having the family dinner at my house At 6pm :eek:. So I decided maybe I ought to get this pen done.
Fortunately the replacement blank was all I needed to make. The silver parts were already done. Once I turned the blank I was able to Epoxy in the Silver parts and grab a couple of quick pictures before I gave it to her.

Needless to say I took a few lumps about procrastinating :rolleyes: but it was exactly the color she had wanted. Her name is stamped into the side of the clip although you cant see it from the pictures. Sterling silver and pr blank.
jessicaspen2.jpg

jessicaspen4.jpg

jessicaspen5.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Very pretty pen! I like the silver and pink together. Very slender and feminine writing instrument..I'm sure she was glad to get it even if it was a little late..Regards, Doc

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I showed her the first replacement blank and how it was not even close to the finished pen color and she agreed it was better to have waited. Still its **** poor performance on my part. It just got away from me.

Very nice. I did not know a slimline could look that nice. Maybe its the hand polished silver parts with slightly rounded edges that make it look nicer then a reg slim kit.

azamiryou

Maybe its the hand polished silver parts...

After working with plated pen components for a long time, I was blown away when I started working with sterling. You just can't match the beauty... silver is precious for a reason. It looks good in photos, but even better in real life.

That's a nice-looking slimline. I keep wanting a closer-up view of the finial... but I guess it's in the new owner's hands and too late for another photo by now.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Matt think of it as a derby bowler hat. A small lip at the bottom, small straight area turning into a dome. Unfortunatly yes she has taken it home with her.

Glad you enjoed it.

bluwolf

Boy, that sure is...pink! But it does look terrific with the silver parts. You're half way through the year. You could look at it as an early Christmas present.

Top Bottom