Pink Ribbon Inlay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dhammis

dhammis

A friend/customer (can they be same thing?) asked me to make a pen for breast cancer awareness. I picked up a Kallenshaan Pink Ribbon inlay kit and gave it a go. The biggest challenge was trimming the ends. I have a scroll saw but it's very new and I'm not proficient with it yet so I wound up cutting the excess off by hand and sanding the ends square. There was a slight bit of tearout on the bottom of the ribbon when turning, but I fixed it with CA and even if you know it's there you can't tell. Shaped it with my skew then sanded to 600, put 10 coats of thin CA on it, MM to 12000 and called it a day. All of the profits are going to be donated to the Susan G. Komen foundation. I have to say that the inlay kits are a bit harder than one might suspect.

Attachments

• cindy-ribbon.jpg
    cindy-ribbon.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 190

areaman

I found out just how hard the inlay kits are to put together also. but if you have the patience and your eyes can take the strain they are worth it. Nice job on the ribbon.

Phunky_2003

I've been wanting to make some of those with orange ribbons. My niece has lukemia and I'd really like to make a bunch for friends and family. Yours looks very nice.

Top Bottom