Pink Pearl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

So this is the first pink cigar pen I have done. It is a pink pearl PR from exotics. Instead of using white tubes, I painted the inside of the blank white using craft paint. I used a black ti kit which I think goes nicely with this blank. I did use plastic polish and some ren-wax. I turned it this morning. I know the pictures could be better, but I will fix those later.

pinkpearl.jpg pinkpearl-a.jpg pinkpearl-b.jpg

This next one is a blue-green blank I got from woodpenpro. I turned it last week some time. I used black ni tubes. I really like how the green sections look. Used a black ti kit on this one as well.

bluegreen.jpg bluegreen-a.jpg

Thanks so much for looking. I am hoping to make some more pink pens and start handing some of them out to breast cancer survivors. I know I am for sure making a slim style for a lady at work.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Todd, Both of them look great!! The pink one is beautiful with it's depth and iridescence. The reverse painting on the pink pearl did good. How long did you wait before you placed the tubes in? I hope your shoulder is doing better! Thanks for showing. Regards, Doc

ToddMR

Todd, Both of them look great!! The pink one is beautiful with it's depth and iridescence. The reverse painting on the pink pearl did good. How long did you wait before you placed the tubes in? I hope your shoulder is doing better! Thanks for showing. Regards, Doc

Doc, I took my time on this one due to my shoulder problems. I think I painted the inside last weekend. Then after a couple hours slid the tubes in and out to help scrape any clumps out. I did another light coat on Tuesday. Then about 4 hours later moved the tubes in and out and then glued them in. They sat until this morning. I figured I would take some advil and head out and see if I could knock one out. I really do like that pink one myself. Thanks for the comments too. I so am wanting to do more, just trying not to push my luck lol.

angboy

I can sure sympathize with having a bad shoulder or two and those affecting your turning- that's why I haven't been able to do much shop work recently. Although I have to say, at times the small vibration of the lathe actually felt kinda good on my shoulders, sort of like a mini-massage. Anyway, the pens came out very nice. The pink is my favorite of the two.

Top Bottom