Pink Ivory Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sprung

Sprung

I lucked into some very nice Pink Ivory from a friend of mine - and stock that has been dry for decades, at that. This is the first pen I've spun up from the handful of blanks I got from him. I'm hoping to get more from him in the future.

Wood: Pink Ivory
Components: Jr. Gent II Rollerball
Finish: Satin CA

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Pink Ivory is a very nice wood to work with. Sometimes it has a tendency to crack.

Lou loved using Pink Ivory. In fact some of his very first pens were of pink ivory.

Yours is just as nice. Thanks for showing.

Sprung

Thanks, guys!

Beautiful pen !!!!

This new thread is very timely. . Lou Metcalf died today. . He made a Pink Ivory pen that was the admiration of many at the time. . You can find the link to it if you search today's threads for Lou Metcalf in the title. . I believe jttheclockman posted the link.

Actually, I'll save you the searching:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/lou-metcalf-has-passed-away-139219/

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/pink-ivory-68221/

I hadn't seen that thread yet - how sad to hear! I never had the chance to interact with or directly learn from Lou, but his work was exceptional and one definitely cannot overlook his contributions to the world of pen turning.

Pink Ivory is a very nice wood to work with. Sometimes it has a tendency to crack.

Lou loved using Pink Ivory. In fact some of his very first pens were of pink ivory.

Yours is just as nice. Thanks for showing.

Thank you. I love working with Pink Ivory, but don't get it very often. I've been fortunate to get my latest handful of blanks from a friend that has some stock that has been dry for over 30 years. This well seasoned stock has been a joy to work with and hasn't yielded me any issues. And it has such a beautiful, deep pink to it.

Top Bottom