Pink Ivory

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Back to pretty, wood pens for me.

attachment.php

Thanks to all who look and a special thanks who offer comments.

Attachments

• _DSC0749.jpg
    _DSC0749.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,442
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glycerine

Wow, seriously, that's just pink ivory? You didn't mix any glitter in the finish? It looks like an acrylic, very sparkly. Looks great Lou!

Tanner

That looks awesome! Did you wipre over it with gold glitter paint, then sand down and CA over? The gold kit really brings out the gold glitter in there. Nice job!!

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Wow, seriously, that's just pink ivory? You didn't mix any glitter in the finish? It looks like an acrylic, very sparkly. Looks great Lou!

That's the chatoyancy of the wood itself.

Very nice, Lou! It's so difficult for me to capture the chatoyance in photos. Beautiful!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thank you each for the generous comments. The finish is not obtained by either painting the blank or by adding glitter to the lacquer. It's a relatively new process that I started working on about 4 years ago, after being inspired by Russ Fairfield's work. I'm really pleased that Russ never offered a tutorial, but let me play with it on my own. There's a lot of satisfaction in achievement. FYI, the wood is from Keith Larrett at Zambezi Exotics. Until recently, Keith was our Librarian.

JohnU

Great work Lou! Its nice to see "pink colored" pink ivory. What little Pink Ivory Ive turned are a real dark pinkish red mixture. Beautiful Pen! Beautiful Photo!

Top Bottom