The Pink Hen 1 & 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

I decided to try something different and dye a hen pheasant pink. These were the results.... both gold and gun metal diplomats from exoticblanks.com One will be dontated to the local breast cancer fund raiser and the other to my mother in law. All comments appreciated. thanks, John

Something to come..... After arranging and casting these two blanks I decided to dye another skin. I left the bucket of dye outside on the back patio. The skin was submerged in the pink dye with a rock on top of it to keep it down. The next day I came out to find a hand full of pink feathers on the patio next to the bucket. The bucket was still full fo dye and my rock.... only the skin was gone. Im guessing a raccoon or skunk was the thief. Anybody interested in a pink skunk blank, or maybe a pink raccoon?......

Attachments

• Pink Hens 1_800x492.JPG
    Pink Hens 1_800x492.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 222
  • Pink Hens 2_287x600.JPG
    Pink Hens 2_287x600.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Very nice John, I moved after I bought my blanks from you and have not had a chance to do them yet. Will post pic's when I do.

Lin.

jskeen

Racoons will steal anything that's not bolted down around here, and I swear I have to keep my wrenches locked up too. I've been at war with them for years, although the wife limits me to conventional warfare (no gunpowder). I used to trap them and take them down across the tracks to cracktown, and turn them loose, but the spca got on my case about excessive cruelty. Seems bad things were happening to them after I let them go. Shrug!

JohnU

Yea, I have a village of them behind my house. I live out side of town and have a creek and timber right behind me. On a regular basis I find deer, coon, skunk, and turkey in the back yard. I used to have rabbits around but Im guessing the coyote pack ate well. Guess I'll have to keep my bucket of dye in the basement from now on. lol

Top Bottom