Pink Coral Tru-Stone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. It's Pink Coral Tru-Stone on a Jr. Statesman Fountain Pen.
Had fun making it. Turned easily. Sanded to 600 grit. MM to 12000 grit followed by HUT Plastic Polish. Comments welcome. Thanks so much for looking! Doc:)

Attachments

• Pink Coral TruStone on Jr Statesman Rollerball.jpg
    Pink Coral TruStone on Jr Statesman Rollerball.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 250
  • Pink Coral TruStone on Jr Statesman Rollerball_1.jpg
    Pink Coral TruStone on Jr Statesman Rollerball_1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 179
  • Pink Coral TruStone on Jr Statesman Rollerball_2.jpg
    Pink Coral TruStone on Jr Statesman Rollerball_2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Parson

The lighting on your pix or your photoshop work with contrast adjustments really makes the shiny metal parts of the kits fall off image-wise, making the blanks look 1/8 of an inch bigger than the bushings. Can you see this the way I'm seeing it?

On another thread where you posted a pen pic, it was the same way and I commented that it's an interesting design choice... now I realize you are indeed turning the blanks down to the bushings and it's the photography.

That is a beautiful pen, btw. Was the pink trustone harder or or softer than say, the malachite?

ctubbs

Doc, where do you find the time? You must be an insominaic(sp) to get that much work done every morning. And so perfect, too!
I've been watching your photos also and thought the same until I took a real close look. The metal parts are so clean that the background is reflecting off them hiding their true dimentions. Beautiful work, Doc and great photos. Do not change a thing. You are my inspiration.
Charles

wizard

The lighting on your pix or your photoshop work with contrast adjustments really makes the shiny metal parts of the kits fall off image-wise, making the blanks look 1/8 of an inch bigger than the bushings. Can you see this the way I'm seeing it?

On another thread where you posted a pen pic, it was the same way and I commented that it's an interesting design choice... now I realize you are indeed turning the blanks down to the bushings and it's the photography.

That is a beautiful pen, btw. Was the pink trustone harder or or softer than say, the malachite?

Randall,
It is the photography. I see what you are talking about and both you and Charles are correct regarding the reflection. Both ends are turned down precisely to the bushings or fittings but it is difficult to see. The Pink-Coral True Stone seemed a tad more brittle than the malachite or lapis. Regards

wizard

Doc, where do you find the time? You must be an insominaic(sp) to get that much work done every morning. And so perfect, too!
I've been watching your photos also and thought the same until I took a real close look. The metal parts are so clean that the background is reflecting off them hiding their true dimentions. Beautiful work, Doc and great photos. Do not change a thing. You are my inspiration.
Charles

Charles,
Thank you again for the kind words...and, at times, I do have insomnia, so instead of tossing and turning :eek:.....I just turn..a pen:wink:. Regards,
Doc

Top Bottom