Pink Ballerina

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

watch_art

This pen is made from a polyester resin - Pink Wave. Made by InvisibleMan. :)
I was going to turn the brown cow first - but this one sort of jumped at me. :biggrin:
It's 138mm open, 150mm closed, and 171mm posted.
Section is a lipped 14mm thick, with 5/8" threads for cap to barrel.

011.JPG

010.JPG

009.JPG

008.JPG

007.JPG

006.JPG

013.JPG

012.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

InvisibleMan

Oh, I like what you've done here:biggrin:. I think the shape suits that blank perfectly, especially the ridge on the nib and the subtle slope to the finials. The blank is busy enough that the hidden clip works very well. I like it!

watch_art

Thanks! It's been lots of fun making progress. I'm glad adding a clip and finial is not so stressful anymore.

Now I just have to get comfortable making pens from wood - with inserts and all - it's just a lot more time consuming.

watch_art

Thanks! Yeah - the pictures don't really capture it properly. This is another one I need to take outside for better pics. I also need to get some better lamps for my light tent thingy.

jjjaworski

Now that is a spectacular pen.
Kit-less pens just amaze me with all the fine work that goes into them.

I also got some of these blanks from InvisibleMan. I'm really anxious to turn them after seeing how nice this pen looks.

watch_art

Thanks very much! I'm really proud of this one. Thinking of turning another one of your blanks tonight - but I've got so many to turn! It's hard to pick some nights what I'm going to do.

SDB777

Reminds me of those older cartoon drawing in comic books....the blank. Was looking to see if there was any script in the white sections.....but I didn't see anything.

Nice shape on this one!

Scott B

Akula

I think I like it...would love to see it with a different background. The blank really catches my eyes but the background is distracting to me.

cnirenberg

Shawn, I really like this one! The pink looks more like a coral color in the pictues, so it isn't quite as "girly".

Gonna agree with Jeremy on this one. Love the pens color, although not a fan of pink, but this one works. No wonder this is the one that got picked first.

Top Bottom