Pineapple Swirl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timebandit

Timebandit

Here is a fairly new one from me that i have really been wanting to show off! I really like it!! It has lots of depth and swirl going in there:biggrin: This is some Pineapple Swirl acrylic with a #6 Meister nib.

All Comments Welcome

Thanks For Looking

Justin

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0490.jpg
    DSC_0490.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 481
  • DSC_0492.jpg
    DSC_0492.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 489
  • DSC_0493.jpg
    DSC_0493.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 477
  • DSC_0496.jpg
    DSC_0496.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 486
  • DSC_0497.jpg
    DSC_0497.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 489
  • DSC_0500.jpg
    DSC_0500.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 472
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jasontg99

Another beauty. My only complaint would be the clip. The enitire pen is custom, but the clip is....blah. I guess this is what happens when you start posting such awesome pens. People start nitpicking. :redface: Keep it up!

Timebandit

Another beauty. My only complaint would be the clip. The enitire pen is custom, but the clip is....blah. I guess this is what happens when you start posting such awesome pens. People start nitpicking. :redface: Keep it up!

Yeah but so is the nib, and fully custom clips are still a ways down the line. Some of the larger pen companies will buy clips elsewhere to. I just dont have what i need to produce a good quality lasting clip that i would be willing to sell to people right now. Maybe down the line, but till then i will have to make due....And i like the clip:tongue::biggrin:

Thanks for your comments

Last edited:

Timebandit

Another great pen! The clip doesn't bug me but the seam at the clip does. But as jason suggested this is just being nitpicky.

This one also didnt get lined up as well either. When i make these the cap and finial are turned as one piece. When i line up the grain before i turn, there is still a line there but it isnt as noticeable because the grain matches up better. This one stands out more because anytime you get chatter out near the end where the finial is, it slowly tightens and turns farther therefore messing up the grain alignment. Even with no chatter it still happens to an extent just because of the opposite rotation of your tool against a piece that is threaded. The way to fix this is when you line up your grain before turning, you just dont quite line the grain up perfect. Then when you turn it that little bit of rotation will bring the grain into alignment.

Sorry, you dint ask that, i just agree with you and wanted to explain why.

Thanks for your comments, they are all helpfull

Justin

el_d

Friggin Sweet Justin....

Love the blank.

When turning the top section for the clip , is it easier to turn it the way you have done or to PLUNGE a dremmel in the side and make a hidden clip????

Timebandit

Friggin Sweet Justin....

Love the blank.

When turning the top section for the clip , is it easier to turn it the way you have done or to PLUNGE a dremmel in the side and make a hidden clip????

For me personally, its easier to make a finial, since i dont have what i need for my dremel, steady enough hands and enough confidence to actually slice into my pen. One mistake and it is destroyed:eek: I spend 4-6 hours making one of these( not like a typical hour to make a kit pen) and dont want to waste all of that time just to destroy the pen in the end. I also want to be abe to service this pen, meaning that if something ever happens to the clip( bent/broken) that i can easily replace it. If its glued in there, good luck:frown:Now there are other methods to attach a clip, not just a finial of glued in. There can be an inner cap that holds it in place, there can be clips that are bent over inside the cap to hold it, and plenty of others. This is just the most common and easily serviceable method (just unscrew the finial/replace clip and replace finial.

Top Bottom