pine cone sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Snazzypens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snazzypens

HI I made this pen last night it is made from pine cone and pine wood each end. This pen by far is my nicest I think I have ever done. I love your feedback
bye Toni:D

2006112522404_pine%20cone%20sierra.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Snazzypens

I only used the centre part of it. I cut all the fronds and drilled down the middle and lathed it real slowly. I was pleasantly surprised it like wood once you can down in there.
bye Toni

DocRon

Toni.
Nice work. You have some clever ideas. I have a big bag full of pine cones that I have been wanting to get onto the lathe, something else on my 2dos. My question- is the pine cone encapsulated in resin or does it get solid enough in the middle that the CA gives a smooth surface?
Ron

johncrane

Toni your pen is very nice' l like that kit too.There is one thing l would of made different.l would of cut the pine ends the same size to balance the look of the pen. but thats just me. your pen is still very nice! where have you being lately Toni its been awhile since you posted. l bet its been hot up there.[:D]

Snazzypens

Originally posted by johncrane
<br />Toni your pen is very nice' l like that kit too.There is one thing l would of made different.l would of cut the pine ends the same size to balance the look of the pen. but thats just me. your pen is still very nice! where have you being lately Toni its been awhile since you posted. l bet its been hot up there.[:D]

Yea it has been hot but the biggest thing was I had to go to gympie for my grandmothers funeral
bye Toni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom