Pine Cone Scepter on a Pedestal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

I have a friend that wanted the Sceptor in Pine Cone, and it had to be his pine cone from his yard. Since this is my first one, I did not know what to expect, I knew that the pin was big and the cone was small. So I chose two cones that had opened and dropped their seeds, used CA to stabilize them. After Squaring them up I cast them with white pearl using a PP. I did not want the pen laying around getting beat up so I cast a whole cone in white pearl and using my handy dandy pendent jig turned the base. Both the pen and base have a CA finish. We have already struck a deal, but what do these pens normaly sale for. :question:
Any comments Welcome, Thanks for looking

Attachments

• sceptre 006.jpg
    sceptre 006.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 449
  • sceptre 009.jpg
    sceptre 009.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 357
  • sceptre 014.jpg
    sceptre 014.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 241
  • sceptre 061.jpg
    sceptre 061.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 275
  • sceptre 055.jpg
    sceptre 055.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 280
  • sceptre 048.jpg
    sceptre 048.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 244
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

That is an extraordinary combination! you're getting pretty fancy with your pine cones. Given the cost of the kit and materials, the pen alone should be around 95.00 to 120.00 If your market area still has what we used to call "disposable income" around here it's all been disposed of. I'd think the base should be worth another 25.00 or 30.00 so I wouldn't feel bad asking around 140.00 for the set.

maxman400

Thanks for all of the In-put, My friend won't get it until tomorrow, then I will post what he thinks about it, all he has seen so far is the blank.

GregHight

I work in SE Texas and there is no shortage of pine cones here. Is there any documents here that cover the stabilization of pine cones? BTW, that is an INCREDIBLE pen!!! Is the base made of pine cone cast in alumilite?

maxman400

Is the base made of pine cone cast in alumilite?
Yes it is Alumilite, and all I did was add white pearl powder to it. I used a 4 oz serving cup (plastic) like you would get in a restaurant but the alumilite got so hot the cup distorted, but it held. and the cone was fully opened and had dropped it's seeds.

maxman400

I gave my friend his pen this morning, and he was very happy with it. :) Then I surprised him :eek: with the Base and he looked like a kid on Christmas Morning. :biggrin:

Marc Phillips

Holey Guacamole.... "unique" seems to subtle a word...

Great job.... I keep waiting for some of the creativity around here to rub off on me.. not yet, but I keep hoping!

maxman400

kelnhofer said:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I was very surprised at the detail and beauty of this pen. I was concerned about the thought of adding a white fill with Pine cones but the effect is obvious; :glasses-cool: Absolute Genius!!!!

Thanks!! I am glad you like it.

Top Bottom