Pine cone pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wudnhed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wudnhed

Bruce Fifer (fiferb) got some pine cones from me and in return he sent me a pen made from one of the cones. I think he did a great job and has inspired me to try some. Isn't it pretty?

200722512423_pc.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Nice one Becca - almost looks like some people figures in the cap. If I didn't have so many other things to try, I might put this one on the list. I have a yard full of pine cones and even more "gum balls" from sweet gum maple. Took 2 down last year but still have a few left and almost twist my ankle on the way to the shop. I really like the figure on the cap on yours.

fiferb

Countach Posted - Feb 24 2007 : 10:53:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great looking pen! I like the way the pattern changes as it approaches the finial. Makes me want to try casting my own pen blanks. Well someday...

It wasn't cast, I just used gallons of CA. Turned a little, soaked a lot, turned a little, soaked a lot, etc, etc, etc.[:)]

Becca, you should show the other side with the "flames". Glad you like your pen. Thanks for the pine cones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom