Pine Cone Numero Dos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from karlkuehn

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlkuehn

Banned
Well, worked on a second pine cone today, cast in PR, Berea black chrome cigar.

Little fill, little re-attach a leaf here and there. Somewhat of a pain, but worth it in the end. I'm working out the bugs on casting these and will be offering blanks for sale sometime soon, but they ain't gonna be cheap! There's a lot of prep work involved to get them right.

PineCone2_1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by R2
<br />That is spectacular!!![:)][:)][8D][^]

What sort of Pine cone Scientific name if poosible as well as common name. Thanx.

Wow, I was hoping someone could tell me what it is. I found them in our church front yard and picked up a few.

Common name? Hey, pine cones!
Scientific Name? Opportunitum Scroungeus Abunchii. [:D]

Sorry I can't be more help. If I get time, I'll take a picture of the tree. It's got sorta droopy branches if I remember right, not real structured like a noble fir or something like that. I know, I'm a lousy tree geek. heh

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by R2
<br />

What sort of Pine cone Scientific name if poosible as well as common name. Thanx.

FYI, I did a little research, and found out that the cones that I have are from a Norway Spruce (Picea Abies). Figured I'd better know what they are if I'm going to sell them sometime!

fernhills

Hi,i have lot of cones laying around in our yard several times a yr,,big ones and some small ones,i`ll sell ya some,maybe 5 bucks a cone.[:)][:)]Just beutiful work.. Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom