PIN OAK BURL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenPal

PenPal

Like the way the grain enfolds and erupts.

Kind regards Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0023.JPG
    DSCF0023.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 402
  • DSCF0025.JPG
    DSCF0025.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 387
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eranox

That is some stunning figure there! That may be the nicest piece of oak I've ever seen. Great pen!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice pen! I also like Oak. This does not look like it had too much open grains due to the burl. Very beautiful!

PenPal

Bob, As the heading said Pin Oak so named because the trunk has short dead small branches that stick out like pins hence the common name Botannical name is Quercus Palustris a tall strong street tree beautiful green leaves that give a drop dead beaut autumn showing of deep reds the leaves hang on a long time, new breeding has produced varieties that shed with other trees at the same time, monster man versus nature..Loves growing in Canberra feature street plantings jaw dropping in the autumn wonderful shade in summer. I have never looked at the timber receiving odd blanks from a dealer in Australia who is a world timber collector, i regard it as very special.

Kind regards Peter.

SDB777

Awesome....I see this figuring on Southern Red Oak and Pin Oak here in Arkansas too,(actually find it amazing that we have the same type tree growing here and there) but I see this figuring near and inclusion area of the sapwood and bark.

Stunning!!

Scott (love some Oak) B

Top Bottom