Pin Oak

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenPal

PenPal

This tree grown as a street tree here in Canberra Australia. Part of a limb.

Regards Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0002-1 [].JPG
    DSCF0002-1 [].JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 349
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

That grain is amazing, you should chop down one of those and send us all some blanks!

SDB777

That came from a limb....outstanding!
Seen that type of wood here locally....I cut up some burl for McBryde a few months ago. I think(gosh, I hate getting older)

Scott (lookin' good) B

Nick

Peter beautiful piece of timber, goes well with the kit color. What finish did you use?
Did you have to use a Skew to finish the blank with that wild grain.
Very well done.

wizard

Peter, That is a gorgeous pen made from some gorgeous wood! Never quite seen a wood with figuring like that. I didn't know that you could get that highly figured timber from a limb. Learn something everyday! Peter, It's a beautiful pen! Regards, Doc

Mark

That is a real beauty. Nicely Done.. I have a Pin Oak in the front yard ( I basically hate it.) Now I have an excuse to chop it up a bit. I can not believe the grain on that pen...

WoW, I just looked at it again. It almost reminds me of the cactus pens I've seen posted here. Really very cool...

Crickett

phillywood

That grain is amazing, you should chop down one of those and send us all some blanks!

+ 2000000000000000 I can use some of that Pin Oak if you want to send them this way.

I agree with Tim, in S. TX USA, we got so many oaks that they are always green and the problem is that most of the time when you ask someone what type of tree that is, they take a guess, for me a newbie in this hobby I still got a lot to learn, heck the tree that I have in the back yard that fell over in June, I still don't know what it is. I got more guesses from the tree people than the book itself.
Anyways, that looks amazingly beautiful.

Top Bottom