A picture of a few of my pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Don Farr

Don Farr

Since I am a newby to this forum I wanted to show you guys a few of the pens that I have done in the past. I hope to learn something here and improve my skills. Most of these have been in a friends gift shop for a year. I sold (1) one.:mad: Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Pen display.jpg
    Pen display.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 266
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

Don, that is box of nice looking pens. In a shop for a year and only one sale? Are they hiding the box when you are not there?

JimB

That's a nice group of pens. I'm surprised you have sold only one. Maybe if you give some details about your setup in the store some of the members here will give you some suggestions. You might be able to make some small changes and dramatically increase your sales in the store. I've worked in retail for 25 years and I can't tell you how many times just a few simple chnages have taken something from zero sales to many, many sales.

Don Farr

Thanks everyone. I will work on the picture taking a bit. I have a breakdown photo booth that I built but is a pain to set up.

Skye

Get another method of displaying them. I think people probably are too intimidated to reach in the case, slide it out of the bands, put it back in, etc. Just get something where the pens are on a stand and easier to grab.

Put a small pad of paper near them if there's room. Maybe when people write with them they'll gain a deeper appreciation for them and justify the price.

Poppy

Hi Don, and welcome to the IAP. Its great to hear from you, you should know me from the WWF altho had a diffrent user name over there. You will enjoy it here, some great folks and a wealth of pen turning knowledge on this forum. Some good advice above on selling your pens, I have seen other picures of your work and there is no reason more of your pens havent sold other than you havent displayed them in the right place and used a better display, a pen stand really helped my sales.

I will drop you a pm tomorrow to keep from taking away from this threads intended use. Great to hear your doing well after going through such a tough time in your life.

Top Bottom