Picnic Followup

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GDGeorge

GDGeorge

In addition to hanging out with some great folks at the Marines Helping Marines cookout today, I sold four pens and picked up a commission for at least one additional. Three were Euro Style twists with custom Eagle, Globe, and Anchor clips; one in red Dymondwood and Yellowheart with gold hardware , one in red Dymondwood with gold hardware, and one was in black walnut with chrome hardware. The fourth pen was an "Over and Under Shotgun" pen in red Dymondwood and Yellowheart.

The commission was for a Euro in gold hardware with EGA clip. He wants a Yellowheart upper and a (Marine Dress) blue bottom. (For you Marines, he wants something that calls to mind Dress Blue Charlies) If it works out, I'll probably sell a handful of them.

I'm not sure where I'm going to go with the bottom on this one. It's a custom blank ripped in half with either a piece of dymondwood or blood wood glued in. (Bloodwood for a Blood Stripe?)

Note: I probably could have sold more at the picnic, but I don't push them at all. People ask me to see them. I'm really not comfortable doing any more than that at a picnic for the wounded guys. OTOH, the word is getting around the Marine Detachment over there and the guys seem really interested.

Cheers,
Jerry

GDGeorge

The pens from today

I converted the Over-n-under pen to a rollerball for him while he waited.

J

Attachments

• shotgun-ftn.jpg
    shotgun-ftn.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 120
  • walnutusmc.jpg
    walnutusmc.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC01326a.JPG
    DSC01326a.JPG
    390.7 KB · Views: 125
Top Bottom