Picasso's Revenge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

As called by Mike Kennedy (MLKWoodWorking). These blanks were sent to me by Jeff Powell who is one heck of a scroller and were cut off from his scroll saw, he had glued them in a mold and wanted me to cast them, I cast 6 in clear resin and 6 in brown resin. The pen shown is brown and I'm not to thrlled with the out come (way to much brown)I think the clear with bright blue or red or green painted tubes would show better.

200862021113_1.jpg

20086202133_scrolll.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Roy,

I wouldn't give up on brown, just need more of the "pieces" in the center when you cast. I imagine the wood "floated" away on you.

Nice first effort - look forward to gen(eration)5 or 6 or 7 or ----------!!

grumps

I like the brown but I would like to see the other side of the pen. Given different wood chips, the brown may have more of a "WOW-factor" than the clear w/painted tubes.

VisExp

I think you're right about the clear Roy. The blanks look pretty cool even before turning. You could just frame them and put them up on the wall :D

workinforwood

Yes, those blanks look way cool just as they are. Not bad for scraps from the burn box. Thing is, every pen will be totally different and so you won't know where you end up till it's done. Kinda hard to pre-plan it. I like it, but the photo seems a bit dark and I agree that I'd like to see the back side too. The clear is sure to be better too, because you won't get any color bleading from the resin into the different woods. Very interesting experiment!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Beautiful blanks, not so beautiful pen, but that's why we call it experimenting. Huge potential if you get it right.

jhs494

Very unique looking blanks, I too can't wait to see how the others turn out.
Thanks for sharing them with us.

broitblat

The pen doesn't seem to have nearly the wow factor suggested by the blanks, but it still looks pretty nice. I don't think there is a problem with the brown, but it would work even better with brighter colored woods for contrast.

-Barry

karlkuehn

Banned
Interesting blanks! I like the idea of scrolling. Makes the pieces fit together nice and tight. The overall look is very similar to Eugene's (El Mostro) 'Puzzle' blanks or my 'Jumble Casts'. A lot of scroll work there, though, and the name is really neat! Nice work! :D

Top Bottom