Picasso FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

Got this blank from Jeff P. as a freebie as it had a lot of voids. It was definitely a bugger to work with and I am still on the learning curve with the skew. Luckily I had my CA bottle real close by. This is one blank you don't want to sand. I learned alot about skewing to a finish. It may not be perfect, but I'm happy with the results.

Attachments

• P1180220.jpg
    P1180220.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 257
  • P1180223.jpg
    P1180223.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 244
  • P1180225.jpg
    P1180225.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 193
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Nice photo's Eric. That's a really great and special looking pen! It sucks when one comes out of the pot with voids, but these blanks are so busy that it is easy to fill the voids and have them disappear for ever. That's why I generally just keep those defects for me. You really did that one proud..it is very expensive looking.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Did I read correctly??? :eek: You FINISHED it with a SKEW?????? Wow!!!
You obviously didn't need to, but why couldn't you sand?
Amazing!!!:good::good::good:

Buzzzz4

Thanks for the compliments! The components are a closeout from CSUSA, The Lotus. They only have a few left. Yes, brought it to the point of applying CA with the skew. I tried to sand but the sanding dust from the Alumilite bled into the light wood, which you can see in some of the pictures. That brought me to the conlusion that I had to make amends with my skew and teach it how to drive instead of it driving me.

Top Bottom