Photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from aggromere

aggromere

Well i built me a photo box out of styroform and arylic sheets that I painted white. Lined the inside with somekinda stuff i got at joanns fabrics for real cheap and just put 3 of those clamp lights on it. One on each side and one on the top.

Here are some of the photos. some look ok, others not so.

I juse picasa to edit them.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great

Well only one would upload, i guess the others are too big

Attachments

• DSCN0092.jpg
    DSCN0092.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 231
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

more photos

Well i think i figured it out. Have to export them to another folder and resize when i do.

If you can see the black background it is just a cheap piece of felt with a little glitter in it and a 99cent mirror

Attachments

• DSCN0091.JPG
    DSCN0091.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN0093.JPG
    DSCN0093.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN0094.jpg
    DSCN0094.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN0095.JPG
    DSCN0095.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 146

wizical

what kind of camera are you using? You need to change the white balance to eliminate the nasty yellow. Your camera should have a feature to make those changes. Make sure the whole pen is in the shot.

you are off to a good start. keep it up

jttheclockman

I agree the white balance is off and not a fan of the mirror. Too distracting. Simple shot of the pen without the cap and one with it on along side the other one.

ldb2000

The pens look well done but the pictures are not showing it . What kind of light bulbs were you using ? , Incandescent ? . Those pictures are shifted so far into the yellow I don't think that white balance could help enough . If your camera has an incandescent setting try using that or change to natural light florescent bulbs , or even better if you can get them photo flood bulbs with a color temp of around 5400k to 5700k .

its_virgil

Definitely the white balance is off. I'm not a fan of the mirror either. Also, and this is just my personal feelings, but pen pictures should show and emphasize the pen. Mirrors, props, and other stuff in the picture distracts from the pen and draws the eye to them and away from the pen. We use pen pictures to showcase the pen...
BTW, the pen looks really nice and you definitely did a great job with it. Let your pictures show that.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

markgum

I somewhat like the mirror. I think it helps show all sides of the pen. maybe it should be a little bigger?? In the first photo, I think the 'glittered felt is being picked up by the mirror and it looks like dust spots on the mirror. kind of takes away from the photo. just my 2 cents worth

igran7

The pens are competing too hard with the mirror, and the yellow is very distracting. But your pens are absolutely beautiful. As butch mentioned I would use natural light flourescent bulbs.

Top Bottom