Pheasantwood Baron (corrected Partridgewood)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPM

This blank really surprised me when I turned it. Its a piece of Lou's bias cut pheasantwood with an African Blackwood accent. The grain really caught me when he posted it in the classified, but the chatoyance was a pleasant bonus. I don't post many pictures, but when I come across a piece of wood that warrants it, I have to.
Thanks Lou, Thanks all for looking,
Richard

2005101201055_pheasantwoodupload.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Wow, that looks great! I'm really disappointed now, though...I had an Atlas with this same style blank all ready to go, but it exploded on me. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something that looks this nice!

RPM

I don't know what GJNP means but this is why I don't post pictures often. This is some nice looking wood whatever YOU want to call it. This is apparently something that does not involve me. Don't drag me in!!

RPM

My apologies to you Eagle, I reread my post and realized that I had a brain cramp, you are correct. I am in the first day of some medication for a sinus infection that has my head spinning. It is Partridgewood. At least they both start with a P.
Sorry again,
Richard

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Richard--BEAUTIFUL job. That looks better than the ones I've turned. And as to whether it's pheasantwood or partridgewood, heck <b>I probably mis-marked it</b>. (It is partridgewood, though.)

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by RPM
<br />I don't know what GJNP means but this is why I don't post pictures often. This is some nice looking wood whatever YOU want to call it. This is apparently something that does not involve me. Don't drag me in!!
GJNP=Good Job Nice pen
I was in a rush but when I saw pheasant wood I took a quick look.

Ron Mc

Richard,
Very nice pen. I had a piece of Lou's bias cut stabilized to see how it would work and it is sitting on the bench begging to be turned.
Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom