Pheasant with jewels!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Another gorgeous piece of work by JohnU, mounted on the Cambridge Ultra TiGold and Sterling Silver

Enjoy---I did!!

We are looking for opinions on this one. I mounted it with the feathers meeting at the centerband. I wanted the pen to look good in the writing orientation, so that was "established". But Dawn and I tried the feathers parallel and this way---ultimately, this way won---but not by a lot.

Thoughts??

Attachments

• cambhy1.jpg
    cambhy1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 295
  • CambrHybPheasant.jpg
    CambrHybPheasant.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 248
  • cambhybpheaclosed.jpg
    cambhybpheaclosed.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 264
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Boy,
you put a "headline" on a thread including the word "jewels" and suddenly all the ladies show up@!!!

Thanks for your input, ladies---we were undecided if it looked like we didn't know "which end was up":eek::eek::biggrin::biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I think you should let Dawn take the pictures.:rolleyes:

Hey Chris!!

Yes she takes better pictures, but she reminds me she has posted over 200 new pages :eek::eek::eek:to the website in the last two days. Best not to ask her to do anything, right at this moment:tongue::tongue::tongue:

So, we'll have to live with my pics:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

JohnU

Looks great Ed! I think the feathers flow nicely the way you have it. This is a question I'm face with on many of the two part sets. Im not always sure what would be better but I'm always open to suggestions. I love the gold plating next to those feathers and the kit extras really make that pen stand out. It's a winner!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Looks great Ed! I think the feathers flow nicely the way you have it. This is a question I'm face with on many of the two part sets. Im not always sure what would be better but I'm always open to suggestions. I love the gold plating next to those feathers and the kit extras really make that pen stand out. It's a winner!

We certainly agree it is a beautiful pen, John. The next one this size I am going to put on Churchill hardware. It would be an interesting comparison, because both Dawn and I believe the feathers don't NEED the flashy kit--they are natural and should be allowed to show off on their own.

But, we WERE surprised at how well the above pen "came together". If I was doing shows it would be a $400 pen, and I believe I wouldn't have it long.

Thank-you, as usual, for your participation in Exotics----I truly enjoy "working" with you!!!

Top Bottom