Pheasant Feathers & New from Dawn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
"Autumn Splendor" will be a new offering from Dawn, soon.

And JohnU got me in trouble!!! He sent "pheasant feathers" to Dawn as part of the "homebrew exchange". Well, we have a show in two weeks so I thought I would turn a couple for that. I turned this pen (you are seeing two sides) and I thought it was the prettiest pen I had turned. When I said that to Dawn, she quipped, "Thanks a lot".

Now that I have compared it with MANY other pens going to the show it is DEFINITELY one of the PRETTIEST pens I have ever turned!!!

THANKS to JOHN---- BTW, he sells these (way too cheap) and they will SURE draw attention at a FALL show in hunting country!!!

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50482

Comments welcome -- order from John, Dawn's blank is not yet available, but will be in a couple weeks (notice this is about the same time the show is finished!!)

Attachments

• DawnAutumnsplendor.jpg
    DawnAutumnsplendor.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 295
  • pheasant feather sierra.jpg
    pheasant feather sierra.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 240
  • pheasant feathers2.jpg
    pheasant feathers2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Autumn Splender is a spectacular looking blank. :good: Why is it that new stuff comes out, or back orders are restocked several days AFTER my order ships?:mad: Next time!:wink:

The feather blank pen is also very good looking. But the tactical error you committed is a good reminder to all of us men to constantly be on guard and be ever mindful of what we say.:eek:

OKLAHOMAN

Excellent, now if he would only make them in the Jr. series, a thought just occurred to me just do the bottom barrel and use your Alt. Ivory or bone for the top would be great for engraving. Autum splendor is splendid......

Last edited:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I turned this pen (you are seeing two sides) and I thought it was the prettiest pen I had turned. When I said that to Dawn, she quipped, "Thanks a lot".

Uh oh ..
I have a spare tent in the garage and a sleeping bag that hardly
smells like dog pee at all.. or human pee, for that matter. It's red on the
inside and has Fireball XL5 on the outside. The chicks dig it. :tongue:

JohnU

Thanks for the kind words Ed, I hope it works out at the show for you, but i would have to say Dawns blank(s) take the show! All I do is take something nature already made and cast it. She creates! I love the blanks i got from her in the swap and will probably keep them all for myself! lol

So Dawn, he was just talking about a different catagory of blank, not to be compared to your homebrew, totally over the top, pieces of ART! (Ed, hope this helps you out. lol)

Roy, I'll be putting some together for you this week. I'll pm you when I get them done.

el_d

Nice Job Ed. Very nice job Dawn. I like the autumn splendors colors. They would look really nice on a copper Gent.

mickr

watch out Ed4..you may be Dawn's next cast...!!!! Autumn is just a great color...the pheasants are divine..did not know John made these..they are just gorgeous..will have to PM him & see if he still has a few pretties in stock...

USAFVET98

The Autumn splendor is a very pretty blank. IF I didnt suffer from that horrible virus (Mafundsalow), I would order some LOL.... I have a few of the pheasant feathers blanks as well and have to say, I love them too. John does a great job casting them, and they do turn very nicely.....

Top Bottom