pheasant feather zen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

I got this blank from Exotics while at the MPG. It was a pleasure to turn and finish. Going to have to order more feather blanks.

Attachments

• pheasant feather zen.jpg
    pheasant feather zen.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

The Penguin

every time I see pheasant feather posts - I'm reminded of an old rhyme about the pleasant mother pheasant feather plucker.

something like that

:biggrin:

nice work!

PR_Princess

What a great looking feather pen Glen!!! It came out really nice, I really like the pattern on that blank.

Photo is super too...Give lessons by any chance? :confused:

JohnU

Look Great Glenn! Super shape, finish and fit! Also one of my favorite patterns! and as said by others, the photo looks great! Thanks for sharing.

I just use a Canon Power shot camera and a cheap table top tripod, thats all. I never reallly got to know my camera and the available setting options til recently. Take the photo using your self timer so you dont move the camera while pushing the button. I just took a day to play with the settings and tracked what was set at what and what photo I took til I got the one i liked, been using that ever since.
Laid it on a sheet of copy paper in front of the doorwall. Held another on a 45' angle between the window and the pen to cut down on shadows. Set ISO to 100, exposure to 1+1/3, daylight setting,evaluative,superfine, 2592x1944 pixel settings.
I still have to do some photo shop adjustments for size reduction and minor lighting changes, but it should come out close to this.
Hope this helps.

What a great looking feather pen Glen!!! It came out really nice, I really like the pattern on that blank.

Photo is super too...Give lessons by any chance? :confused:

Top Bottom