Pheasant Feather Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Here is a few pheasant feather pens I did in the past two weeks. Blanks are made by JohnU which I purchased at Exoticblanks.com from Dawn. Blanks are very easy to turn and never had a problem turning down close to bushings afraid of feathers coming through. Now I turn them not even thinking it could happen. Can't say enough what a wonderful job JohnU does with these blanks.

Here are two Sierra pens and a Jr. Gent The one Sierra with rusty red feathers was a little hard to photogragh to see the details in blank.

Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Keith, I love the Jr. Statesman, it is a beauty, Are those Sierras or are they the Diplomats from Exoticblanks?? I've been using them for snake skins and have had decent luck keeping the blank together, I love those feathers,

phillywood

Keith, I knew you'd do justice to those blanks when I saw them the other day. they look very very nice. Hopefully I can turn mine as close to yours as I can. they look very cool.

mrburls

Keith, I love the Jr. Statesman, it is a beauty, Are those Sierras or are they the Diplomats from Exoticblanks?? I've been using them for snake skins and have had decent luck keeping the blank together, I love those feathers,

They are sierra vista kits from Bill at Arizona. They are different then other sierra kits. These are great for cast blanks because they leave more of the blank when finished turning. Don't have to worry about turning into feathers or other material cast. And they are avaible in titanium :)

Keith "mrburls"

JohnU

Nice group! I agree, those tragopan pheasant blanks are hard to photograph. Nothing like the woodduck blank. All 3 look great. I like the 2 tone kits with the Sierra. Great job!

Top Bottom