"Persistence" (BIG PIC)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RAdams

RAdams

Banned
I decided to name the pen "Persistence". I redid the fits, and the finish, and reshot the pen in a better setting, retouched the photo, and here you go. not too bad for a scrub!
1_Classic_American_closed_end.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mikemac

Nice!

Actually, if you did want to sell it, disassembling that lid would be a snap.. take it apart, fix it up, and refinish it.. you'd have a sellable product in a heartbeat.

RAdams

Banned
since posting this, i have taken the lid apart (actually just did it sitting here at the PC.) and i am about to go redo it! After all of this is said and done, i still don't know if i should sell it or not. I kinda like the daylights out of it.

RAdams

Banned
Just out of curiosity, with good fits, and finish, what would you folks charge for something like this? It is a Classic American rollerball kit. I drilled the hole super exact so there is no spring needed. The refill seats in the bottom of the hole perfectly. Just curious, what with all the wondering about expensive pens and all.

Personally, I think it is surely worth $100 if it is worth $5.

RAdams

Banned
Thank you. It is a homebrew blank.

The new photo was taken to highlight the good side of the pen. I agree, it does look a bit strange with the lid on. I like it either way. I am very pleased with how it came out. I am fairly pleased with how well my cheesy attempt at a decent photo turned out too. Amazing what software can do!

its_virgil

Nice work for a scrub! Actually, with the experience you learned on this pen I think you've moved a step or two above the scrub level and may be on the fastrack to experienced pen maker. I look forward to seeing more pens from you. Keep up the good work.'
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Last edited:

RAdams

Banned
I appreciate the kind words! I am really trying to step up my game and make sure my quality is top notch for this show. I would rather go with fewer pens that are all REALLY nice than tons of pens that are decent.

Top Bottom