PERSIMON!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MatthewZS

MatthewZS

This came from a persimon we cut down. For such a plain brown and white wood it came out pretty nice.

Also, most pen's center bands don't bother me. If you decide to leave them in they are cut straight and square to but flush up against your blank very neatly. I LOVE the cigar style pen but that transmission center adapter that also comprises part of the visible center band assembly always troubled me. It's rounded and you can cut and square a blank cause it leaves a gap. I always just rounded the top of the blank over and it was ok. Not great, but "ok". Just by accident on this one I cut the top of the lower blank too far and ended up making it square/flat on the end instead of rounded but WELL shy of the diameter of the rounded problem part and I LIKE it. To some this may seem like the normal way to build a cigar but it just.... hadn't crossed my mind.... I had it in my head to cut to the bushings and the cigar bushing result in what I was complaining about above. So if this bothers you too try it. Gives the pen much nicer lines I think

Attachments

• DSC_0406.jpg
    DSC_0406.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC_0407.jpg
    DSC_0407.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 230
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxman400

The Pen Looks Great, I just did one similar but I used the cap bushing on the center section which gave it a nice flowing line and brought the blank down just to the bottom of the round part.

Top Bottom